Hey Vinay!
Thanks for continuing to include me in this thread.  I was marginally aware
of this, but wasn't following religiously.  I was hoping that after the
Covid debacle, the CDC was getting an impactful, meaningful
review/re-work.  It did get a new director... but...

Did you follow the series of reports on NPR's "Forum" show by Alexis
Madrigal?  He and a crew of volunteers wrestled with the problem of very
uneven case reporting and ended up feeding information you would think they
would be getting directly and easily.  I just started another letter to him
basically asking him if he worried that he'll be tempted to move into the
gap - again.  I was hoping that getting a new director would help but I
think this problem is tougher than the Boeing one because of the fractured
governance situation - state, local, etc. all able to go their own way to
the detriment of society at large.

And HexaYurts as emergency shelter.  What's your latest version?  I've
started dabbling in easy, portable, on-site-assemblable, more durable
designs.

Best,
Dan