Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Recently I've been working on Hibernate Search clustering.
> Hibernate Search will have the ability to work in a master / slave mode.
>
> Every node has a local copy of the index and can read it (ie query it). > When an update is required (actually when a transaction scoped list of > updates are required) by a node, a message is sent to a master node > responsible to update the master index. > On a regular basis, each node acquires a copy of the master index in > local to stay up to day asynchronously.
>
> My first implementation involves JMS, but one could imagine using:
>  - JBoss Messaging standalone in headless mode (when it's done)
>  - a servlet controller receiving http requests
>  - whatever you want
>
> Thoughts?

Is this clustering at the level of Hibernate Search or is it something
at the lucence index level ?

Hibernate Search

Would it not make sense to be a "index tech" level concern or ?

No because the index has no notion of transaction and batch of operations.
However I plan sometime to create a JBossCache Directory (index container). The scalability is limited though since Lucene needs an index based locking system.

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
[EMAIL PROTECTED]