As Emmanuel stated the synch has already been requested by JBoss for all the org.jboss and org.hibernate bits in the JBoss repo. From my understanding there is a pissing contest of sorts in the way :(

Anyway, I think it makes the most sense (and most of the Maven developers express the same idea) to use a local/corporate proxying repository (ala Nexus or Artifactory) as Max stated. Not sure why you would trust the Central repo more than the JBoss repo for Hibernate bits considering that we put them directly to the JBoss repo as part of the build and the fact that the JBoss repo is backed by svn.

Of course, if it is that important to you that these bits come from the Central repo, you yourself can make the upload request.