Fwiw Dialect discovery is far and away the preferred solution for
"specifying" Dialect.  That said, I am ok with splitting off Dialect(s)
specific to MariaDB.

Relatedly, I wonder if we should begin to remove the Dialects we have
marked as deprecated and whether we should consider a  "legacy" repo where
we can dump these (as well as other removed features - Javassist support
e.g.).  The expectation would be no continued development, but would make
them  more readily available to users who still needed them as opposed to
simply dropping them completely.  We could even alter the license of those
classes to be less restrictive than LGPL in terms of contributing back
changes.