Hi all,

In Hibernate Search we have a snippet of code doing:

private static BeanManager getBeanManager(Map<?, ?> configurationValues) {
   return (BeanManager) configurationValues.get(
AvailableSettings.CDI_BEAN_MANAGER );
}

This used to work on WildFly 10 - even if we were to override the
Hibernate ORM version to 5.2.

By runnning the same integration test on WildFly 11 I'm now getting a
ClassCastException as the returned instance is of type
`org.jboss.as.jpa.hibernate5.HibernateExtendedBeanManager`, which does
implement `org.hibernate.jpa.event.spi.jpa.ExtendedBeanManager` but
does not implement the standard
`javax.enterprise.inject.spi.BeanManager` interface.

I'm unsure if this is a bug in the Search code or a misunderstanding
between the WildFly / ORM integration?

This javadoc seems relevant:

/**
 * Used to pass along the CDI BeanManager, if any, to be used.
 */
String CDI_BEAN_MANAGER = "javax.persistence.bean.manager";

or should I interpret this property as meant only for "write" purposes
into the ORM configuration? I suppose it's unexpected that we attempt
to retrieve this as well.

Thanks,
Sanne