On Thu, 22 Oct 2020 at 14:50, Steve Ebersole <st...@hibernate.org> wrote:

> Sounds good, I'll take a look.

Thanks, here is a draft PR for ORM master:
 - https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate-orm/pull/3608

> Longer term, the best option from the perspective of ORM is to simply drop
> HCANN altogether in favor of Jandex + JAXB.  In fact, I am considering
> playing with that on top of your work.  It would be awesome to start dropping
> the things that hold us to including dom4j

+100 :)

Further such steps should be easier after this.

N.B. I'm considering these steps as a preparation step, I didn't yet
address the core of the memory retention issue - I'll get to that
next, having simplified the problem first.