Yick! You are probably right. PreparedStatement must retain the value of
setMaxRows(). I had kinda assumed it only applied for the very next
executeQuery() method, but probably not. Thats a VERY nasty bug. Would you
submit a bug report please?

(Workaround is to disable Hibernate PreparedStatement caching.)

                    Ken Robinson

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       To:     "Hibernate developer list
(E-mail)"
                    Sent by:                                 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]       cc:

                    eforge.net                              Subject:     [Hibernate]
Odd Query behavior

                    19/02/03 08:18 AM

Hi all,

We're noticing some strange behavior with
Query.setFirstResult/Query.setMaxResults.
If we execute a query with these values set, we get the expected result.
However,
if we then execute the same query (in a new session, with a new Query)
without limiting
the resultset, we still only get the limited resultset.

Example:

query1 = "select x from x in class XXXXX"
query1.setFirstResult(0);
query1.setMaxResults(20);
query1.list() //returns the 20 results we expect

then in a new session, we create a new Query object which just
happens to have the same HQL.

query2 = "select x from x in class XXXXX"
query2.list()  //still only returns 20 rows.

Is there some sort of caching going on of the first/max values, or does the
PreparedStatement
cache think this is the same query, or is there something else going on
here?

Thanks,

Ken

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this email and
attachments must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information
Privacy Act 2000, the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988
(Commonwealth), as applicable.

This email, including all attachments, is confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this email or attachments.  Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you in
error.  If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply
email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.