FWIW, I have been using the microsoft driver successfully in my current
project (which uses Hibernate *very* nontrivially). However, it *is* very
slow compared to the other drivers we tested (esp. with large result sets).
If your client cares about performance, I strongly recommend a third party
driver.

Of course, you should verify this observation in your own environment
before spending any money.

|---------+------------------------------------------->
|         |           Timothy Kettering               |
|         |           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>               |
|         |           Sent by:                        |
|         |           [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|         |           ceforge.net                     |
|         |                                           |
|         |                                           |
|         |           07/08/03 11:13 PM               |
|         |                                           |
|---------+------------------------------------------->

  |       To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  [Hibernate] Recommended JDBC drivers for MS SQL?

Hi everyone,

I've always done development with Hibernate w/ MySQL, but this new
contract I just received, they're requesting to have the database on a
MS SQL server.  I checked the hibernate site, and the only thing it
says is NOT to use the Microsoft provided JDBC driver.

So I'm asking for a bit more information.. is the afforementioned still
true?  Do any of you have positive experiences with a specific
commercial JDBC driver that would be recommended for use with MS SQL?
The client is willing to pay, but I don't want to make them pay any
more money than they have to.  Thanks.

-tim

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this email and
attachments must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information
Privacy Act 2000, the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988
(Commonwealth), as applicable.

This email, including all attachments, is confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this email or attachments.  Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you in
error.  If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply
email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.