I am using Hibernate 2.0.2 and am getting a "Repeated Columns" error when I try to
insert into the parent table of joined-subclasses.

As you can see.  I have a number of classes that have their own tables that extend the
Entity Class.

Hibernate builds the tables perfectly, including the foreign key constraints.

However,  when I try to insert into any of the tables it says:

Error creating schema Repeated column in mapping for class
com.jsi.business.entity.Entity should be mapped with insert="false" update="false":
ENTITY_TYPE

I checked the database and it is there only once.

This value is held by Entity which is extended by Agency.  It is set by calling the
setType in the parent class.

If I set insert and update to false it works fine; except then the application can't
set the value.

The hbm.xml is set included

Thanks,

Robb
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>I am using Hibernate 2.0.2 and am getting a "Repeated
Columns" error when I try to insert into the parent table of
joined-subclasses.<BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>As you can see.&nbsp; I have a number of classes that
have their own tables that extend the Entity Class.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hibernate builds the tables perfectly, including the foreign key
constraints.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>However,&nbsp; when I try to insert into any of the tables it says:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Error creating schema Repeated column in mapping for class
com.jsi.business.entity.Entity should be mapped with insert="false"
update="false": ENTITY_TYPE</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I checked the database and it is there only once.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>This value is held by Entity which is extended by Agency.&nbsp; It is set
by calling the setType in the parent class.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If I set insert and update to false it works fine; except then the
application can't set the value.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>The hbm.xml is set included</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>