On 27 Aug (10:13), Eric Pugh wrote:

> The avalon wrapper is built using Maven, and maven is called from the parent
> ant script that builds the rest of the extensions if you want to see an
> example.

Please stop this discussion. The Hibernate core build process is fine.

We don't need Maven, use it in your own projects. You don't solve
complexity problems by adding another unstable element. We certainly
_can_ improve our build process. But the least we should do is:

- clearly define whats wrong with a single step in the process
- do that in one short sentence, otherwise its not worth talking about
- propose a simple, clean and easy solution without new dependencies

--
Christian Bauer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]