Hello.

I would like to use hibernate and especially the criteria interface for
an application that my company will be building. The problem is that the
application will work against a legacy database (udb on mainframe) and
that the tables contains no column marked as a primary key. Essentially
the database seems to be a replacement for a flat file and it is
structured as a csv-file without any normalization or any other feature
one usually finds in a relational datamodel.

My proof of concept showed some problems when I have no reliable primary
key column.
1) Xdoclet throws an exception and refuses to generate hbm.xml files for
classes that do not have an @hibernate.id getter/setter.
2) Manually fixing a correct hbm.xml without an id column will result in
a list filled with null values (it does have a correct length though :-)
) when i use the Criteria.list() method to get an answer to a query.

Is there a solution to this problem? I could not find any documentation
that described how to handle tables without primary keys.

Thanks in advance
Fredrik