IBM added support for that syntax with V5R2. You could also intercept the order by
clause where it is built or where it is used and strip out the table. That change
shouldn't take too long.

David Morris

>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/17/2003 1:15:45 PM >>>
Hello hibernate boys,

I'm new with hibernate and i'm having a problem with a SQL formed by it.
The SQL formed by hibernate says

"Select   ent.desc as desc
 From     art as ent
 Order by ent.desc"

And when the program runs it give me and SQL exception with the text
"invalid column name" becouse the select says "desc" and the order by
says "ent.desc", so the names are different becouse of the alias.

I'm working the program on a db2 database in AS/400.

Have you any idea of what i'm doing wrong ???

Can i say hibernate that not use alias in the SQLs ???

Is it a bug of hibernate ???

Really a lot of thanks,

Ariel.

Todavía no tenés tu Ciudad Internet Mail? Obtenelo ahora! -
http://webmail.ciudad.com.ar

Descargá Gratis el nuevo Internet Explorer 6.0, el mejor software para actualizar tu
PC.
http://www.ciudad.com.ar/ar/servicios/ie/