I have been reading thru the documentation on the hibernate query language
regarding joins and other 'sql' queries.

I noticed that in every case of a join the 2 tables have an association.
(constraint)

I was wondering if it is still possible to do the join without the relation.

This example is trivial but it gets my point across:
select x.name from Table_One x, Table_Two y

where  x.name = y.name  (+)

and y.type is null

Or similarly:

select x.name from Table_One x, Table_Two y

where  x.name = y.someothername  (+)

and y.type is null

I don't want to 'force' the mapping as in:

<class Table_one>
     <id>
  <one-to-one ... class=Table_2>
<..>

Because I feel that that would limit me from doing a similar join on say
Table_3.yetanothername

This is probably a very simple answer and I just am not getting it. But I
would appreciate your help in understanding.

Thanks

Troy