Hello:

I have an application running on both Jboss and WebSphere, and when I
upgraded to Hibernate 2.1, I get the following error when my application
attempts to initialize the SessionFactory, and bind it in JNDI:

java.lang.IllegalAccessError
        at net.sf.cglib.core.ClassEmitter.setTarget(ClassEmitter.java:87)
        at net.sf.cglib.core.ClassEmitter.<init>(ClassEmitter.java:79)
        at
net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.generateClass(KeyFactory.java:197)
        at
net.sf.cglib.core.DefaultGeneratorStrategy.generate(DefaultGeneratorStrategy
java:63)
        at
net.sf.cglib.core.AbstractClassGenerator.create(AbstractClassGenerator.java:
178)
        at
net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory$Generator.create(KeyFactory.java:177)
        at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:149)
        at net.sf.cglib.core.KeyFactory.create(KeyFactory.java:142)
        at
net.sf.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<clinit>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:22
9)
        at
net.sf.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:72
6)
        at ....

There is only one other email on this list that I can find that has to do
with an IllegalAccessError, and there is no reply to it.  I've tried this in
both WebSphere 5.1, and Jboss 3.2.2, and the behavior is consistent.  Any
ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Scott Resnik

---