Just to clarify this does not eliminate the regions.  It just corrects
the way the provider implemented them. You can put and flush into the
region.  You can set different refresh periods and cron policies per
region.  You just cannot set a separate capacity. Oscache groups sort of
= hibernate regions.

I did notice that you did not recommend using OSCache in a cluster and
when I asked why no one spoke up.  Now I know that the provider
implementation did not fit the design (however flawed) of oscache.
Clustered invalidation is a real need but that is not oscache's only
advantage.  I really like the treecache but it is just not there yet for
us and, I expect, others as well.