This is great.

Emmanuel Bernard wrote:

You are now able to use them (hilo and MultipleHiLoTableGenerator - see bellow) in a JTA environment (set a proper hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class however). In other words hilo is now usable with a datasource in an app server. The code works fine on JBoss and Weblogic. But I'm not sure it will work as fine on every app servers (it will depend on the code quality of the J2EE implementation ;-) ). If some of you can test it on different app servers it would be cool: we'll had a wiki page.

There is a new id generator name MultipleHiLoTableGenerator which use the following table schema
create table MyHiLoTable (
key VARCHAR2(255),
hi_next NUMERIC(10)
)
You then have the ability to have a separate counter for each entity wo having to create a table for each.
Will we give it a nick name (like hilo, identity etc...)?

--
Gavin King
+61 410 534 454

Hibernate