I opened two JIRA requests regarding sequence selects (with provided
patches) for the Postgresql Dialect. They have both been closed, with
only Hibernate 3 getting the fix.

Gavin closed the Hibernate 2 one after he added the sequence queries
to a bunch of dialects. Then Michael Gloegl closed the Hibernate 3 one
noticing Gavin had already done the fix.

I just don't want the fix for Hibernate 2 to fall through the cracks.
It would be really nice to see this in 2.1.8 as it will put to an end
all the problems I have with SchemaUpdate on Postgresql.

The issues in question are:

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-95

and

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HB-1390