On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 17:27:42 +0100, Sanno Point - R.Caprio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there an alternative option to the drop property (in the make) for
Hibernate to allow to only generate CREATE statements. This is useful
for first initialization of the database, and for situations in which
new tables were created that did not exist in prior schema runs.\

Not at the moment. add a jira for it since i've been planning to add the same.

/max

In MySql, the "if exists" clause prevents any errors, but for instance Oracle SQL has no clause like this, except for PL/SQL. Therefore, I am creating my own PL/SQL to replace the DROP TABLE, and pre-run it to the SchemaExportTask.

Now I have to fix Hibernate or substitute all DROP TABLE lines.

Remko Caprio
Junior Developer
Sanno Point Capital Management LLC
623 Fifth Ave, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Direct: (212) 588 7102
Main: (212) 588 7100
Fax: (212) 588 7199

IMPORTANT: E-mails from this company normally contain confidential
material for the sole use of the intended recipient. The use,
distribution, transmittal or re-transmittal by an unintended recipient
of any communication is prohibited without our express approval in
writing or by e-mail. Any use, distribution, transmittal or
re-transmittal by persons who are not intended recipients of this e-mail
may be a violation of law and is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions
in the contents of this transmission. This message is provided for
informational purposes only and should not be construed as an offer to
sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities or related
financial instruments.  All e-mails sent to or from Sanno Point Capital
Management L.L.C. and its affiliates are to be used for our business
purposes only. E-mails sent from or to the company are subject to review
by the company.

-- Max Rydahl Andersen callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hibernate.org

JBoss Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://jboss.com

------------------------------------------------------- SF email is sponsored by - The IT Product Guide Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT Products from real users. Discover which products truly live up to the hype. Start reading now. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=6595&alloc_id=14396&op=click _______________________________________________ hibernate-devel mailing list hibernate-devel@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/hibernate-devel