Well I guess if it's too difficult or slow to compare them, then issuing a warning along with the action Hibernate took (configurable somewhere) seems fine.

-JL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Emmanuel Bernard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Gavin King" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Jordan Laughlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <hibernate-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 2:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Hibernate] Configuration artifact precedence

And how do you compare a bunch (think inheritance) of hbms and a bunch of annotated classes? Even a single cfg file and an annotated class? By creating a specific comparison code? By creating the metamodel for both and comparing them? All that work for an exception...

Gavin King wrote:

I must admit, that this makes sense to *me*....