Two things I realized recently:

1. Long Session and getCurrentSession() doesn't work. Can probably be solved by extending/providing a custom factory that doesn't open/ close on synchronization, but disconnect and reconnect. Users choice since we can't enforce a close() and we should always do that.

2. OSIV with EJBs: I think BMT with a servlet filter + getCurrentSession() should work, if I'd have a custom factory that doesn't flush/close. This would avoid the ThreadLocal issues with EJBs. Don't know if this is a real problem since everybody seems to be happy with ThreadLocals in EJB containers. It's not good though.

Does anybody want to have a look into that and write/test custom transaction factories? The 1. could be a good Wiki page, the 2. could probably even be included.