You mean this part:

That will only happen in the following cases:

- if the underlying usertransaction returns something else than Status.COMMITTED or Status.UNKNOWN.

And I guess that again only can happen if something is really bad...but maybe a special case of 2-phase commit can result in this - or something really basic which gavin/steve bumped into while writing the javadoc ,)

-max