Steve Ebersole wrote:

Because these are some very broad changes, I will plan to go with a
3.1rc3 including this stuff (maybe late next week).  The current plan is
that 3.1 final will then be the release after that.
Ping me before releasing rc3, I'm making good progress in the naming strategy rework and It's better to have that in a RC.

P.S. part of these changes required a modification to the constructor
for AbstractQueryImpl to add a new parameter.  There were two
constructors on SQLQueryImpl for which I could not find any usages
within the Hibernate core code-base.  If these effect someone (tools?,
annotations?, ejb3?) let me know.  Otherwise I actually plan to go back
and remove those constructors.
I'll check tomorrow