On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:29:13 +0100, Gavin King <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Why would it break Seam??

I didn't say it would break Seam, i'm saying that the logic used when
doing long conversations kinda requires optimistic locking to work well, right ?

/max

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Max
Rydahl Andersen
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:59 AM
To: Hibernate development
Subject: [Hibernate] reveng optimistic locking

Hi,

One caveat with reveng to the seam app is that we dont currently have
support for detecting optimistic locking for the generated classes - and
I reckon it kinda breaks some of the seam logic.

Do you think it is safe to auto-enable optlock for columns with the name
"version" and a primitive numeric type or should it be done explicitly
in reveng.xml ?

I'm mostly for having a "Auto-detect optimistc locking columns" option
in the reverseengineering options ...and i'm also leaning towards having
it enabled by default (who don't use optimistic locking anyway ;)

There might be "quirks" in larger reveng situations where it should be
possible to enable/disable "autodetect optimistic locking" for certain
columns/tables.

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate