Hi Christian,

> What's the point in creating a Java RDBMS that does not support Java
> datatypes or Java stored procedures?

H2 supports Java functions (same as HSQLDB), which is basically Java stored
procedures. Storing Java objects is supported (datatype OTHER), but
personally I'm not a fan of 'Object Databases' because if you use them, your
application becomes 'Java only'. And for reasons to implement a RDBMS in
Java, see also 'Why Java' in the 'Features' section of H2: simple to
integrate in Java apps, multi-platform, secure, fast triggers / functions.
Java as a language is quite good and fast. But I will have a look if I can
create a C# and a C++ version of H2.

Thomas