From: Max Andersen
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 11:37 AM
To: Emmanuel Bernard; Steve Ebersole
Cc: Hibernate development
Subject: Re: [Hibernate] bytecode libraries

hmm, what defines a simplicist app ? If we had this "noop" bytecode
provider
it would basically be hibernate2 default behavior (lazy="false") or
something close to it.

This would definitly make the startup much faster, but that would only
be
noticable for
large projects that does not want "noop" ...I think it would be better
see if we could
make/adapt InstrumentTask to pre-generate the classes to allow faster
startup IMO

/max

> Any specific reason why
> hibernate.bytecode.provider
> does not consider the value as a class name (if the shortcuts cglib
and
> javassist are not resolved)?
>
> That would solve your problem and put it to the users shoulders
>
> Steve Ebersole wrote:
>> So now that we have the BytecodeProvider abstraction, does it make
sense
>> to allow no lazy-load capabilities for simplistic apps?  Something
like
>> a NoOpBytecodeProvider which performs no type of class enhancement?

>> language
>> that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live

>> webcast
>> and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding
>> territory!
>> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=k&kid0944&bid$1720&dat1642

> language
> webcast