Hello everyone,
in my application I need to use asm 2.x . The latest version of hibernate I can find so far (at ibiblio repository, 3.1.2) depends on cglib 2.1.3, which in turn depends on asm 1.5.3. There's been an API refactoring from the two major releases of asm, which means the new version is not backward compatile.
 I'm  also aware  of the latest published version of cglib , but in the cglib cvs repository it possible to checkout  a version which actually depends on asm2.x .
My question then is the following: does the current version of hibernate will continue working if I 'manually' upgrade cglib (and all its dependencies) ? I'm asking this before doing because the checkout from sourceforge seems to not work right now, so maybe I can have some helpful feedback before getting into the whole process.

Thanks a lot,
Valerio Schiavoni

--
http://valerioschiavoni.blogspot.com