Every cloud has a silver lining

Question:

I have seen on TV many of the calamities that have befallen the Muslim ummah,
in Palestine our wounds are bleeding; in Chechnya our bodies are cut; in
Afghanistan our houses are destroyed; in the Philippines and in Kashmir… and
now in Iraq.

Tomorrow only Allaah knows who will meet this fate… Are these calamities and
these disasters that we see good or bad?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Disasters and calamities have been created for a reason, which none can fully
comprehend but Allaah. Some of the things that Allaah has shown to us indicate
this.

1 _ Disasters and calamities are a test of the believer's patience. Allaah says
(interpretation of the meaning):

"Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to
those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and
ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed
along with him said, `When (will come) the Help of Allaah?' Yes! Certainly, the
Help of Allaah is near!"

[al-Baqarah 2:214]

2 _ This is a sign of man's weakness and his need for his Lord, and shows that
... (Go here for the rest of the answer
http://www.islammuslims.com/islam-qa/Volume_2/Chapter_1.htm#_RWTOC-9)

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/TXWolB/TM

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of Hidayahnet unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from Hidayahnet, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links