Refutation of those who excuse homosexuals on the grounds that this is the way
they were created

Question:

Salaam. I'm not gay but I'm just wondering from a moral standpoint that since
homosexuality is forbidden under Islam, what would happen to gay or lesbian
individuals? A lot of gay and lesbians say that their sexual orientation is
natural and they are born gay. Assuming that they are correct since straight
people don't know, if homosexuality is outlawed in Islam then why would Allah
make them that way so that their existence is a tortured and sexually
frustrated way?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We do not agree with their claim that their sexual orientation is natural;
rather it is a distortion of nature. Allaah counted their deed as wrongdoing
and immoral, and He sent upon the people of Lut a punishment the like of which
no other nation had seen. He also tells us that this punishment is not ever far
from the wrongdoers.

Their claim that their orientation is natural serves only to propagate and
spread immorality, and it is just an excuse for them. Many of them change their
appearance so as to look odd, so how can we say that this is how they were
created?

Allaah does not create anyone just to punish or torture them. He created
mankind to worship Him, but He may try His slaves with hardship as a test of
their faith, to expiate for their sins and to raise their status. Allaah is too
Just to force a person to commit sin and then punish him. On the contrary,
people commit sins by their own free choice _ like these perverted people _ and
it is for this that they deserve to be punished. Allaah says (interpretation of
the meaning):

"and your Lord treats no one with injustice"

[al-Kahf 18:49]

And Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): ... (Go here for the rest of
the answer
http://www.islammuslims.com/islam-qa/Volume_2/Chapter_1.htm#_RWTOC-34)
---
TRAFFIC HURRICANE:
Targeted Visitors To Your Website ... At No Cost To You
http://traffichurricane.com/muhammad

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in
any way reflect the official views of Hidayahnet unless sanctioned or approved
otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from Hidayahnet, you may wish to get a daily
digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your
mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
title "change to daily digest".
Yahoo! Groups Links