From:adil naveed
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:24:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Bride-Price for a poor man
Bride-Price for a poor man

One day, a woman came to see the Prophet of Allah [PBUH= Allah's blessings and Peace be upon him] and said:
"Oh! Messenger of Allah! I do not have a husband and I want to be a good wife; i give myself to you."
The Messenger of Allah [PBUH] kept silent for a long while.
Suddenly, a man who was present stood up and asked if the woman would accept him for a husband.
The Messenger of Allah [PBUH] said:
"Do you have anything to give her as a dowry."
The man thought and said:
"I have half of my cloth," and indeed he was wearing a single cloth around him.

"If you give her part of this cloth, you will have nothing to wear anymore; it will become her possession. Find something else."
Since at this time the followers of Islam and the Prophet himself [PBUH] were poor, the man thought again a long time and declared:
"No, I do not possess a thing to give her."
The Messenger of Allah then told him:
"Go to your house and look for something, even if it is an iron ring."
The man departed and came back a while later, and declared:
"I looked everywhere, but I did not find anything to give her as her dowry."
After reflection, the Prophet of Allah [PBUH]said:
"Did you learn some of the Qur'an?"
"Yes, I have learned by heart so-and-so Surahs [chapters of the Qur'an]"
The Messenger of Alah [PBUH] therefore declared:
"Teach her what you know of the Qur'an, and this will constitute her dowry."
The couple felt contented with what was proposed, and they got married

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in any way reflect the official views of Hidayahnet unless sanctioned or approved otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from Hidayahnet, you may wish to get a daily digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the title "change to daily digest".

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

Kirim email ke