Hmm...this is getting more interesting than I thought it ever would. Sure, why not, by all means, please...do explain it to the people. But when you do, please explain it to the people of Malaysia and not those of some forsaken countries somewhere on this planet. I say this as not many people I know have an inkling to many questions that of late have disrupted their life.

Oil price hike; energy tariff increased; shortage of sugar; possibility of water tariff hike - if its not already; and many other issues which, though may not directly have an effect but remain in the minds of Malaysians just like the x-files series some years back. But unlike the said TV series which - in some ghastly manner - increased the intellectual of many (Horrors!, it made them think! Er...yours truly included), this made-in-Malaysia chapter has led to nothing but anger, frustration, injury (the FRU bashed some Malaysians at KLCC), and many more including mental and physical aggravation. (The last for having to put lesser into the stomach. No kdding.)

All these came to be even after the government said that the people are satisfied with the explaination given. Huh? Its either the people or the government, one of them has to be stupid. Honestly, I think its the latter.

Please do explain why we have not heard anything about the so called plan to improve the public transportation, which was, purportedly, where the governement wanted to spend the RM4b it would save by partly withdrawing the subsidy? Though there is an increase in number of commuters, the service is still lacking in so many areas.

Please do explain why the consumers now have to pay more for electricity, when time and again TNB officials have said that the IPP are producing more than the country's need? And why is there a clause in the agreement between TNB and the IPPs whereby TNB would still have to pay for the energy produced by the IPPs, irrespective whether they are needed or not? And why, after several years of draining the coffers of TNB, the people are being made to pay for it? And now  we Malaysians have to trust you with the ongoing FTA negotiations?

Please do explain why previous to this you had to send your umnoians to do the explaination to the people? How much did it cost the governement to do that? And even after all that, somehow we Malaysians are still wondering when those explainations will be given? It has? Hmm...then it must not been worth my spit.

Please do explain to the people how the government had spent a total of RM100b of Petronas all time profit? Do not ever mention it went to the development of the country without putting it on paper how and where it was spent! Let the people be able to scrutinise it, then wonder why so many projects were abandoned or failed, with the contractors lauging all the way to their banks.

Hello! Wakeup Malaysians before you lose the very pants you are wearing! Put your ears to the feud going on and we may yet salvage this country of ours.

Farrah Naz Karim
New Straits Times

The Abdullah administration will move soon to kill off allegations by Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad that it had made wrong decisions in several areas.

In the days ahead, relevant ministries and agencies will explain why a bridge to replace the Causeway was scrapped, why MV Agusta was sold for one euro, and other issues raised by the former PM.

These explanations may be bound in one document and made public. This idea was explored during a meeting between Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and 78 Umno MPs and senators yesterday.

It is unclear if the document will be a tell-all read, because Abdullah told the MPs and senators who called on him that he did not want anyone hurt in the process. Several of the MPs who attended the hour-long meeting took that to mean the PM did not want Dr Mahathir’s image dented.

The meeting was organised by the Backbenchers Club to show its undivided support for Abdullah’s leadership, following scathing attack by Dr Mahathir on his successor. Among other things, the former PM said Abdullah had broken his promises and was damaging the country.

Dr Mahathir said he had a habit of "choosing the wrong people" and that he had been "stabbed in the back". He also alleged that his questions on the sale of MV Agusta, the Approved Permits scheme and the aborted bridge plan had not been answered.

Abdullah told the MPs and senators that he felt that the questions had indeed been answered, but was willing to put to rest any doubts on the decisions made. He said everything would be put in writing, so that the Malaysian public would have a complete picture, not half-truths.

What surprised Abdullah’s audience yesterday was his even tone and refusal to blame anyone for the controversy.

Datuk Mohd Said Yusof (Jasin) said: "At no point did he lose his cool and or start accusing anyone. He said the Government must show Malaysians that we are transparent."

Johor Baru MP Datuk Shahrir Samad said the meeting believed that a four-eyed meeting between Abdullah and Dr Mahathir would still leave many issues in doubt.

The best option was a public document, he felt.

"It is only right to respond to him (Dr Mahathir) as he was attacking and criticising the Government.

"The way to address the doubts Dr Mahathir has planted is obviously to be open about it and answer all the questions," he said, adding that documents would be released after the complete answers and appendices were compiled.

Shahrir also said once the documents were released to the public, the BN machinery would go to the ground to help explain the issues.

Acting BBC chairman Datuk Raja Ahmad Zainuddin Raja Omar said: "We told the Prime Minister that we do not have the slightest doubt of his leadership. He has his own style of administration and we are with him in ensuring that sound policies for the country's development are well executed."

Also present were several ministers, including Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Syed Hamid Albar, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz, Second Finance Minister Tan Sri Nor Mohamed Yakcob and Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Musa Aman.

Among the BBC members were Datuk Zaid Ibrahim, Datuk Shafie Salleh, Datuk Mahadzir Mohd Khir, Datuk Seri Md Salleh Said, Datuk Mohamed Aziz and Datuk Paduka Badruddin Amirudin.

Meanwhile, Senators Club president Datuk Abdul Rahman Suliman said the PM wasn’t perturbed by the criticism against him.

"To him it is paramount that we ensure the success of the 9MP."

--
Posted by Raja Petra Kamarudin to MT-News at 6/13/2006 09:47:00 AM

Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com __._,_.___

All views expressed herein belong to the individuals concerned and do not in any way reflect the official views of Hidayahnet unless sanctioned or approved otherwise.

If your mailbox clogged with mails from Hidayahnet, you may wish to get a daily digest of emails by logging-on to http://www.yahoogroups.com to change your mail delivery settings or email the moderators at [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the title "change to daily digest".

Recommended sites:
Angkatan Belia Islam Malaysia  : http://www.abim.org.my
Jamaah Islah Malaysia          : http://www.jim.org.my
Radio Islam Kuliyyah           : http://www.kuliyyah.com