http://musliminsuffer.wordpress.com/

bismi-lLahi-rRahmani-rRahiem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful

=== News Update ===

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/arabic/middle_east_news/newsid_7101000/7101688.stm>Youngest
Palestinian prisoner leaves Israeli detention camp

A must read story. I could not find words to comment on this inhumanity

by Hadeel Wahdan – BBC

Translated by Ghassan Bannoura -
<http://www.imemc.org/article/51667>IMEMC News

November 22, 2007

They say life is just stories someone did not
have the chance to tell yet. With this in mind, I
tried to manage the boredom I felt while waiting
in front of the Israeli detention camp of Telmond
for the release of Aisha Eliyan, the youngest
Palestinian political detainee to be released by the Israeli army this week.

<http://bp0.blogger.com/_vVNy4t_jpYs/R031Tl0XjAI/AAAAAAAAAQk/VK1z-wrN_b8/s1600-h/bbc-aisha1.jpg>
[]

3-years-old Aisha

Aisha was born three years ago in Telmond
Detention Camp. For three years she was unable to
see the blue sky or play freely, her crime was
that she was the daughter of a Palestinian woman,
Itaf Eliyan, who is detained for being a member
of a political group that Israeli considers hostile.

<http://bp1.blogger.com/_vVNy4t_jpYs/R031T10XjBI/AAAAAAAAAQs/FoZ5b7SYRb4/s1600-h/bbc-aisha2.jpg>
[]

Aisha walking out of the detention camp with the attorney

Um Waleed, the grandmother of Aisha sat waiting
on a stone installed by the army in front of the
main gate of the detention camp; Um Waleed is
Aisha's only remaining family member, since the
army kidnapped her father several days before.

Aisha's father has never held her; he used to see
her during a visit just once a week and he was unable to hold her.

Aisha's grandmother asked me to ask the soldiers
guarding the gate when the release was going to
take place, and before I even had the chance to
reply to her request, the loud noise of the gate
filled the area, and there she was; Aisha,
holding the hand of the family lawyer. Um Waleed
rushed to her granddaughter to hold her and kiss her.

To begin with, Aisha did not accept Um Waleed and
started to pull the lawyer back toward the
detention center gate while shouting and
screaming for her mother, who in addition was
crying because of being separated from her child.

Eventually, with fear and hesitant steps, Aisha
made her first steps out of the jail. The lawyer
said that Aisha should have been released a year
ago, as Israeli law says children of prisoners
should not stay with their parents above the age of two years old.

<http://bp2.blogger.com/_vVNy4t_jpYs/R031UF0XjCI/AAAAAAAAAQ0/Eo-Rvu_YpU0/s1600-h/bbc-aisha3.jpg>
[]

Aisha meeting her grandmother for the first time

There were five Palestinian babies in Israeli
detention centers, three were released directly
after being born due to health complications, one
died at birth and Aisha stayed with her mother
because her mother wanted to breastfeed her.

Quickly my cell phone caught Aisha's attention
because of its constant ringing and this led her
to the car that took her home. When in her new
home she was jumping everywhere and looking
around, exploring the place. Um Waleed looked at
Aisha and said, "How I am going to take care of
her, I am old and sick; they did not leave anyone
from the family to take care of Aisha except me."

<http://bp2.blogger.com/_vVNy4t_jpYs/R031UF0XjDI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/3a8ETkHPcGQ/s1600-h/bbc-aisha4.jpg>
[]
<http://bp2.blogger.com/_vVNy4t_jpYs/R031UF0XjDI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/3a8ETkHPcGQ/s1600-h/bbc-aisha4.jpg>

Aisha misses her mother

Aisha disappeared for some time and when she
returned she was holding a photo of her parents
on their wedding day. She did not recognize her
father but of course she recognized her mother. I
asked if I could speak to her and said "who are
they?", she gave me an angry look because of my
ignorance, and just cried "Mom, where is mom? I
want go to mommy" all the while looking at the photo.
<http://bp3.blogger.com/_vVNy4t_jpYs/R031UV0XjEI/AAAAAAAAARE/x061vjT5ArA/s1600-h/bbc-aisha5.jpg>
[]
<http://bp3.blogger.com/_vVNy4t_jpYs/R031UV0XjEI/AAAAAAAAARE/x061vjT5ArA/s1600-h/bbc-aisha5.jpg>

Aisha playing with the BBC reporter

Just as I was leaving, Aisha grabbed onto my bag
and said in her baby language, "I go with you, to
bring mommy". At three years old, she knew a lot,
including that this detention center would not allow her to see her mother.

The full story in
http://hussamayloush.blogspot.com/2007/11/youngest-palestinian-prisoner-leaves.html

===

-muslim voice-