Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

KHALIFAH INSTITUTE
DINNER & TALK
with SIS SILMA IHRAM
Australian Muslim Woman of the Year 2005

 "Perseverance in the Face of Tribulations"

Saturday, March 22, 2008 7.30 pm
Dewan Felda Perdana, Kuala Lumpur.

Alhamdulillah, Khalifah Institute will be holding a dinner and talk this year.
Our guest speaker is sister Silma Ihram (Anne Frances Beaumont), a pioneer of
Muslim education in Australia, founder and former school Principal of the 'Noor
Al Houda Islamic College' in Sydney, and a campaigner for racial tolerance.

Khalifah Institute is a private Islamic charitable trust, working to spread the
rightly understood knowledge of traditional Islamic beliefs and practices
combined with logic, reason and modern scientific knowledge consistent with our
Islamic beliefs.

We would be grateful for your kind contribution whilst doing Amal jariah as
ordained by Allah by sponsoring a table of 10 persons as stated below. The
institute can arrange for your contribution to receive tax exemption, if you so
wish.

"And spend (in charity) of that with which We have provided you before death
comes to one of you, & he says: "My Lord! If only You would give me respite for
a little while (i.e. return to the worldly life), then I should give Sadaqah
(i.e. Zakat) of my wealth & be among the righteous [i.e. perform Hajj
(pilgrimage to Makkah) & other good deeds]"- Surah Al Munafiqun (63:10)

Jazakallahu Khairan Kathiraw and Wassalam.

(Adnan Mohd Tahir)
Chairman,Organizing Committee

Any enquiries:
Khalifah Institute, 298 Jln 3, Taman Ampang Utama, 68000, Ampang. Fax:
03-42565423
Tunku Fazlinda Khalil: 012-322 7778,   Maziah Ideris: 03- 4256 6810

7.30 pm           : Arrivals of guests
8.15 pm           : Welcome note
                          Quran recitation
                          Address by Dr. Abdul Aziz Azimullah,
                          Chairman of Board of Trustees Khalifah Institute
                          Dinner & Performance by Khalifah Model
                          School Students

9.45 pm           : Talk by Sister Silma Ihram
                        "Perseverance in the Face of Tribulations"

10.30 pm         : Question & Answer Session
11.00 pm         : Closing with Tasbih Kafarah

CONTRIBUTION FORM FOR KHALIFAH INSTITUTE DINNER & TALK

A             DINNER TABLE FOR 10 PAX
Type                      Rate [RM]                            No. of Tables
                Amount [RM]

A                             10,000.00
_____________                  _____________
B                               7,000.00
_____________                  _____________
C                               5,000.00
_____________                  _____________
D                               3,000.00
_____________                  _____________
E                                1,500.00
_____________                  ____________
  Total
_____________                 _________

B             In addition/alternatively, we would like to:-

Sponsor a table ___ for RM _______for Non Muslims/Converts/Orphans

OR

Make a cash donation amounting to RM _________
Take advertisement space in the Souvenir Programme as follows:-

                           Rate [RM]

Full Page Colour [Back Cover]                                     1,500.00

Full Page Colour [Inside Front Cover]                      1,250.00

Full Page Colour [Inside Back Cover]                        1,000.00

Full Page Colour
 750.00

Full Page Black & White                                                   500.00

Half Page Black & White                                                   350.00

Quarter Page Black & White                                           200.00
If you wish to take up advertisement space, please provide us with your A4 size
artwork and positive film by March 3, 2008.

C             Sponsor's particulars and details of payment are as follows:

Name of company/organisation:
Address:____________________________________________________________
            Tel No: __________________ Fax No: __________Email:________________
            Contact Person: _____________________ Designation: _________________
            Cheque No: ______________Bank: ______________ Amount RM ________

All cheques should be crossed and made payable to
"Khalifah Institute"  BIMB: 12113011002113
If you need tax exemption for payment of RM 2,000.00 or more, please let us
know.

Silma Ihram
http://www.silmapol.blogspot.com/

Silma Ihram was born Frances Anne Beaumont, and grew up in the suburb of
Balgowlah, on Sydney's Northern Beaches. She accepted Islam more than 25 years
ago after travelling to Indonesia and is widely seen as a pioneer of Islamic
schooling in Australia. A founder and Principal of Noor Al Houda Islamic
College, her battle to save her school whilst ensuring her family's economic
survival, became the subject of a documentary, Silma's School. Screened in 2006
at the Sydney Film Festival, and on SBS and ABC TV, the film received positive
reviews and was greeted with a standing ovation, and a sold-out premiere in
London. This battle earned her the description 'Erin Brockovich in a Hijab'.
In 2002, Sis Silma was a recipient of the Centenary Medal, and in 2005 was
named Australian Muslim Woman of the Year. She was also awarded for her
contributions and efforts in the community, at the 2006 Women of Faith, Dinner
& Awards.
In 2006, with the merger of Noor Al Houda Islamic College and Australian
International Academy, Sis Silma was appointed Education Consultant, allowing
her time with her family and other projects. She very often participates in
forums and debates regarding issues pertaining to education, racism and
Australian Muslims, and contributes opinion pieces and interviews with media
sources. A woman of diverse talents and accomplishments, Sister Silma was a
candidate for the Australian Democrats in the 2007 state and federal elections.

Married with six children, she is the author of two books, 'Bridges of Light'
and 'Islamic Parenting' and the producer of an educational video in Arabic
called 'Their First Years'.

Sis Silma holds a Diploma of Education and Masters of Education Administration
and has held a number of executive posts with Muslim organizations in
Australia. Currently she is the Vice-President of the Muslim Women's National
Network of Australia, and Secretary General of the Australian Council for
Islamic Education in Schools.

She now teaches and works as a consultant in the area of education & Muslim
community relations and is studying a research degree in 'Understanding the
Development of Identity in Adolescent Muslim Lebanese Youth'.

"This woman is one of my Aussie Muslim super-heroes".
(Irfan Yusuf http://aussiemossie.blogspot.com/)

"Silma's School is more than a documentary about a successful court case; it is
about gaining justice as a Muslim and winning against the odds."
(The Manly Daily, 26/6/06)

Express yourself and stay connected with the latest Windows Live Messenger!
Windows Live Messenger

Get your free suite of Windows Live services! Windows Live
Edit your photos like a pro with Photo Gallery.
http://www.get.live.com/wl/all

Kirim email ke