Finding faith - a personal account     Rihab Alteraifi ©

  Rihab Alteraifi was brought up in a Muslim family but took it for granted;
she didn't feel she had to do anything more than just be a Muslim.
  Rihab felt that being a good person was more important than practising, and
because she was a good person she didn't need to prove to Allah that she
believed in him.
  Over a period of time Rihab realised that something was missing in her life.
  "I searched high and low, trying various things," said Rihab.
  "I mean, I just did loads of stuff to fill up my time and hopefully fill up
that empty feeling. But it never got filled up".
  She talked to a lot of friends about it and one of her friends, a Christian,
suggested to her that it was perhaps God that she was in search of - that is
the only place she wasn't looking. After seeking some more she decided to
practice Islam.
  Since this decision, her life patterns are beginning to change so she can
make time for prayer and buy halal meat.
  So how did Islam fill what was missing in Rihab's life?
  Listen to Rihab's audio diary (7:48 mins)