ASSALAMU'ALAIKUM

  Narrated Anas: r.a.
It was said to the Prophet pbuh "Would that you see Abdullah bin Ubai." So, the
Prophet pbuhwent to him, riding a donkey, and the Muslims accompanied him,
walking on salty barren land. When the Prophet reached 'Abdullah bin Ubai, the
latter said, "Keep away from me! By Allah, the bad smell of your donkey has
harmed me." On that an Ansari man said (to 'Abdullah), "By Allah! The smell of
the donkey of Allah's Apostle is better than your smell" ..

On that a man from 'Abdullah's tribe got angry for 'Abdullah's sake, and the
two men abused each other which caused the friends of the two men to get angry,
and the two groups started fighting with sticks, shoes and hands. We were
informed that the following Divine Verse was revealed (in this concern):-- "And
if two groups of Believers fall to fighting then, make peace between them."
(49.9)

Sahih Bukhari
Volume 3, Book 49, Number 856

  49:9 If two parties among the Believers fall into a quarrel, make ye peace
between them: but if one of them transgresses beyond bounds against the other
then fight ye (all) against the one that transgresses until it complies with
the command of Allah; but if it complies then make peace between them with
justice and be fair: for Allah loves those who are fair (and just).

  49:9 "Dan jika ada dua golongan dari orang-orang mukmin berperang maka
damaikanlah antara keduanya. Jika salah satu dari kedua golongan itu berbuat
aniaya terhadap golongan yang lain maka perangilah golongan yang berbuat aniaya
itu sehingga golongan itu kembali kepada perintah Allah; jika golongan itu
telah kembali (kepada perintah Allah), maka damaikanlah antara keduanya dengan
adil dan berlaku adillah. Sesungguhnya Allah menyukai orang-orang yang berlaku
adil."

  6:164 Say: "Shall I seek for (my) Cherisher other than Allah, when He is the
Cherisher of all things (that exist)? Every soul draws the meed of its acts on
none but itself: no bearer of burdens can bear of burdens can bear the burden
of another. Your goal in the end is towards Allah. He will tell you the truth
of the things wherein ye disputed."

  6:164 "Katakanlah: ""Apakah aku akan mencari Tuhan selain Allah, padahal Dia
adalah Tuhan bagi segala sesuatu. Dan tidaklah seorang membuat dosa melainkan
kemudaratannya kembali kepada dirinya sendiri; dan seorang yang berdosa tidak
akan memikul dosa orang lain. Kemudian kepada Tuhanmulah kamu kembali, dan akan
diberitakan-Nya kepadamu apa yang kamu perselisihkan""."

  One day the Blessed Prophet was looking strangely sad. ?Woe unto him! May his
nose rub in the dust!? he lamented. ?Woe unto him! May his nose rub in the
dust!? he repeated. The Prophet?s Companions were surprised to hear such words
fall from his lips. ?Of whom do you speak, O Prophet?? the Companions asked.
?Woe unto him! May his nose rub in the dust!? Once again, the Blessed Prophet
repeated his lament. The Companions were more puzzled than ever. It was no
small matter to hear the Blessed Prophet lamenting in this fashion, and
speaking so of a person whose wrong was, as yet, unknown to them. ?But why do
you speak so, O Prophet?? the Companions wanted to know. ?Who is it who has
done so great a wrong that you should utter such sad words??..

The Blessed Prophet turned to them, and saw how puzzled and anxious they were.
?I lament over a man who is greatly unfortunate,? he explained. ?That is the
man who sees that his mother or his father, or both of them, are old and need
his care, and yet does not know that to serve them is to enter the Jannah!* It
is so simple?, the Blessed Prophet sighed, ?and yet such a man may still not
see it! All he has to do is to obey Allah and care for his aged parents and the
road to Jannah would be open to him!? Now, the Companions realized why the
Prophet (pbuh) was so sad. A man would be unfortunate indeed if he failed to
enter Jannah despite having such a simple and easy opportunity before him. Your
Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents good
treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not
to them [so much as] ?uff,?** and do not repel them but speak to them a noble
word. Al-Isrâ: 23

  17:23 Thy Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him, and that ye be kind
to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to
them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honour.

  17:23 "Dan Tuhanmu telah memerintahkan supaya kamu jangan menyembah selain
Dia dan hendaklah kamu berbuat baik pada ibu bapakmu dengan sebaik-baiknya.
Jika salah seorang di antara keduanya atau kedua-duanya sampai berumur lanjut
dalam pemeliharaanmu, maka sekali-kali janganlah kamu mengatakan kepada
keduanya perkataan ""ah"" dan janganlah kamu membentak mereka dan ucapkanlah
kepada mereka perkataan yang mulia."

*The eternal reward from Allah for good deeds, or Paradise. **An expression of
disapproval or irritation. Source: "Love At Home." By Khurram Murad. Published
by The Islamic Foundation, 1983.

  Mus'ab ibn 'Umayr: The iron determination

  Although the Muslims enjoyed peace and security in the land of the Negus,
they longed to be in Makkah in the company of the noble Prophet pbuh. So when a
report reached Abyssinia that the conditions of the Muslims in Makkah had
improved, Musab was among the first to return to Makkah.
The report was in fact false and Musab once again left for Abyssinia. Whether
he was in Makkah or Abyssinia, Musab remained strong in his new faith and his
main concern was to make his life worthy of his Creator..

When Musab returned to Makkah again, his mother made a last attempt to gain
control of him and threatened to have him tied up again and confined.
Musab swore that if she were to do that, he would kill everyone who helped her.
She knew very well that he would carry out this threat for she saw the iron
determination he now had.
Separation was inevitable. When the moment came, it was sad for both mother and
son but it revealed a strong Persistence in kufr on the part of the mother and
an even greater persistence in iman on the part of the son.
As she threw him out of her house and cut him off from all the material
comforts she used to lavish on him, she said:

"Go to your own business. I am not prepared to be a mother to you." Musab went
up close to her and said: "Mother, I advise you sincerely. I am concerned about
you. Do testify that there is no god but Allah and that Muhammad is His servant
and His Messenger." "I swear by the shooting stars, I shall not enter your
religion even if my opinion is ridiculed and my mind becomes impotent," she
insisted.

Musab thus left her home and the luxury and comforts he used to enjoy.
The elegant, well-dressed youth would henceforth be seen only in the coursest
of attire. He now had more important concerns. He was determined to use his
talents and energies in acquiring knowledge and in serving Allah and His
Prophet pbuh..

One day, several years later, Musab came upon a gathering of Muslims sitting
around the Prophet pbuh, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. They bowed
their heads and lowered their gaze when they saw Musab, and some were even
moved to tears. This was because his jalbab was old and in tatters and they
were immediately taken back to the days before his acceptance of Islam when he
was a model of sartorial elegance.

The Prophet looked at Musab, smiled gracefully and said: "I have seen this
Musab with his parents in Makkah. They lavished care and attention on him and
gave him all comforts. There was no Quraysh youth like him.
Then he left all that seeking the pleasure of Allah and devoting himself to the
service of His Prophet." The Prophet then went on to say:

"There will come a time when Allah will grant you victory over Persia and
Byzantium. You would have one dress in the morning and another in the evening
and you would eat out of one dish in the morning and another in the evening."

In other words, the Prophet predicted that the Muslims would become rich and
powerful and that they would have material goods in plenty.
The companions sitting around asked the Prophet: "O Messenger of Allah, are we
in a better situation in these times or would we be better off then?" He
replied: "You are rather better off now than you would be then. If you knew of
the world what I know you would certainly not be so much concerned with it."

Source: http://www.streetdawah.com

Kirim email ke