Bismillah Hir Rahmaan Nir Raheem Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatuallahi wa
barakatuhu True
Repentance<http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/index.php/2008/09/10/true-repentance/>

O Belivers! Repent to Allâh truly and sincerely [Al-Ta*h*rîm (66): 8]

In explanation of this verse, Al-*T*abarî reports the following narrations
in his *Tafsîr*:

He reports that 'Umar b. Al-Kha*tt*âb – Allâh be pleased with him – was
asked about true repentance. He replied, "It is that a man repents from an
evil deed, and never does it again." He also reports that 'Umar said, "It is
that you repent from the sin and never do it again, or never intend to do it
again."

Similarly, he reports from 'Abdullâh (Ibn 'Abbâs) – Allâh be pleased with
him – that he said, "A person repents, and then never goes back to the
sin.", and "It means that a person never returns to the sin from which he
repented."

Mujâhid is quoted as saying, "They seek Allâh's forgiveness and then never

Qatâdah is quoted as saying, "It is the true and sincere repentance."
Al-*T*abarî, *Tafsîr Al-Tabarî, *in the commentary on Sûrah Al-Ta*h*rîm.

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/index.php/2008/09/10/true-repentance/

--
*Surah Isra 17 verse 80 Say: "O my Lord! let my entry be by the Gate of
Truth and Honor and likewise my exit by the Gate of Truth and Honor; and

Ameen
Transliteration :Wa qur rabbi adkhilni mudkhala sidqiw wa akhrijni mukhraja
sidqiw wa-j'al li mil ladunka sulta_nan nasira_(n).

Al-Tirmidhi HadithHadith 2482 Narrated by AbuHurayrah (May Allah be pleased
with him)
Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) used to say, " O Allah, grant me
benefit in what Thou hast taught me, teach me what will benefit me, and
increase my knowledge. Praise be to Allah in all circumstances. I seek
refuge in Allah from the state of those who go to Hell."
Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah transmitted it, Tirmidhi saying this is a tradition
whose isnad is gharib.

Ameen
*