nSalam,
my daughter shared with me this beautiful story ...

Shima Derus

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Shazreen Shoib <shazreen.jo...@live.com>
To: ayangshafi...@hotmail.com; Shima Derus <shimade...@yahoo.co.uk>; Sarah
Shoib <sarah_sh...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Sat, 13 February, 2010 13:51:50
Subject: Flower and pearl

Hijab Stories: Flower and Pearl
One day, a brilliantly beautiful and fragrant flower with attractive colors met
a pearl that lives far in the bottom of the sea and has none of these
characteristics. Both got acquainted with each other.
The flower said: “Our family is large; roses and daisies are members of the
family. And there are many other species that are various and countless; each
has a distinctive scent, appearance etc.”
Suddenly, a tinge of distress appeared on the flower. “Nothing accounts for
sorrow in your talk; so why are depressed?” The pearl asked.
“Human beings deal with us carelessly; they slight us. They don’t grow us for
our sake but to get pleasure from our fragrance and beautiful appearance. They
throw us on the street or in the garbage can after we are dispossessed of the
most valuable properties; brilliance and fragrance.”
The flower sighed. And then the flower said to the pearl: “Speak to me about
your life! How do you live? How do you feel it? You are buried in the bottom of
the sea.”
The pearl answered: “Although I have none of your distinctive colors and sweet
scents, humans think I am precious. They do the impossible to procure me. They
go on long journeys, dive deep in the seas searching for me.. You might be
astounded to know that the further I lay, the more beautiful and brilliant I
become.
That’s what upraises my value in their thought. I live in a thick shell
isolated in the dark seas. However, I’m happy and proud to be in a safe zone
far from wanton and mischievous hands and still the humans consider me highly
valuable.”
Do you know what the flower and the pearl symbolize?
Think, Think, Think…
You will find that: The flower is the unveiled woman (who shows her charms) and
the pearl is the veiled woman (who conceals her beauties).

Kirim email ke