On  behalf of one of my uhkt’s  that has asked me in the email on how is the pregnant women or those who are breastfeeding their children in facing the obligatory of fasting during Ramadhan and I will shortly post the answer it here. Actually the discussions among the Syafie scholars was so length but inshaAllah i will only post the rajih opinions. Based on the few kitab’s of Mazhab As-Syafie’s such as, Mughni Muhtaj, Kifayatul Al-Akhyar, Tadkirah, Matan Abi Suja’ and other’s respected kutub’s as well.

In the kitab “Feqh As-Sunnah Lil-Nisa’” by Abu Malik Kamal Ibn As-Sayyid Salim has underlined:-Pregnant woman and breastfeed mother a given the rukhsah if they are afraid that it will cause any harm to theirselves or towards their children then, they didn’t have  to fast but in addition, they have to feed on each day which they didn’t fast one poor people.
This is base on the Riwayah from Ahmad and Abdul ibn Hamdi in ” Muntakhib”.
Rasulullah s.a.w has said : ” Allah has uplift to the musafir half of the prayer(which mean qasr), and for those who musafir also, pregnant and breastfeed mother from fasting”..

Ibn Abbas r.a also has said….”( For those who are pregnant and breastfeeding their children when they are afraid ( which means they are afraid by they didn’t break their fast or by fasting will harm theirselves or their children) can break their fast and have to feed on every day one poor man.”) Abi Daud, Baihaqi.

Meanwhile also, Ibn Abbas has ordered his pregnant mother to break her fast during Ramadhan and said: ” You are in the honour position which are unable to fast then break your fast and feed for each day half of cubit measure of wheat”. Musnaf Abdul Razaq(7568) and DarulQotni. The Isnad is Sohih. .
Based on the previous hadith as well other hadiths as well the Syafie’s Scholars has make a conclusion that:- 1) If the women are afraid of theirselves then she has to Qoda’. 2) If she afraid of her children didn’t get enough milk or else then she has to Qodo’ as well as to pay fidyah.

To explain further, if they are afraid of themselves in Mughni Al-Muhtaj, Matan Abi Shuja’, Tadkirah and Kifayatul Akhyar  in Juz 1 has indicated that she has to Qodo’ without fidyah but if she afraid to cause any harm to her children she breastfeed and the baby she carried on than she has to Qoda’ and pay fidyah as well in azhar (the most rajih opinions).

The Muslim Reading Quran

Furthermore there are also some reminder for Muslimah readers including myself that Muslim women as tough have some constrain to fulfill the obligation of fasting in Ramadhan but it was an order from Allah and we will inshAllah got reward by following it. Nevertheless, it wasn’t an excuses for women to not make the most in Ramadhan by zikrullah and selawat to the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w)  as much as possible. As all the mankind in this world never ever once forget the obligation in zikrullah.
In addition also, try to avoid talking to much or talking that did not get any good reward from Allah. They could be seen that in Ramadhan, when a Muslim women cannot fast and pray because of the ’syarie’ reasons they tend to forget that they are also in the Holy Month of Ramadhan and the could attain the fadilah of Ramadhan as well. They forgot to do zikrullah to do sadaqah to avoid the bad habits when they cannot fasting and praying. As if we want to know that there are some ‘ibadah’ which we can do according to the Quran, Sunnah Ijma’ and Qiyas.

Two of my darlings; Umar and Iman before going to tarawih prayer
According to one hadith in Bukhari which could be understand that Ummu Atiyyah has said that ” We have been ordered to go out during the “eid” until the virgin also has go out from her home, and the “huyyadh” also has went out and we are behind the peoples and we make takbir along with their takbir’s and we make ‘duah’ along with their ‘duah’s’ with a hope we will attain the barakah of the day and its purity.” Bukhari, Muslim and Daud.
Therefore, women can make zikrullah and takbirs as well. As not to forget the additional hadith in this topic, which is so popular that Rasulullah, s.a.w has said to Aishah r.a. and she is ‘haidhun’: (( Do whatever a Hajj could do ))

In sum, Muslim women has to take a note that we are not prohibited to do Zikrullah,Salawah, Istighfar, sadaqah and make a lot of duah’, do good deeds, avoid bad habits during Ramadhan when women are in the condition that could not do others deeds. InshAllah. BarakAllahulakunna. May we get close and know Allah better. As HE is the purpose of our lives. Every step, breath, the heartbeat are only because of HIM and for HIM. May we dropping out our tears because of Him and repent to Him fullheartedly. The feeling inshAllah was so beuatiful and cannot be describe by words.

Wallhua’lam

There are some Arabic terms when i doing the researching about this topic that i have quote it here. I have read in kitab’s and therefore if there are some translations i made which are not correct or did not state as the exact meanings, any correction and addition is more than welcome.Thank You.
Breastfeeding is a must for children. Therefore, Islam to show it respect and honour towards women has give so many ” rukhshah” to them as a sign of acknowledgment of their rules and positons of wifes and mothers in Islam.
Haid: Menstruation
Huyyadh: Female when they are in their menstruation
*Pictures are from Flickr.com, Islamionline.net and some other websites

May Allah accept our ibadah and fasting and put it in the best position of So’miun As-Siddiqiyyun.Amin
Wallahua’lam
Al-Haqer i’nda Rabbiha
p/s: I wrote in English on behalf some of my freinds who could not understand Malay. InshAllah we could benefit something together

me, nai
http://alqasam.blogsome.com