Dear All
I am trying to detect kinetochore localization of MAD2 induced by a microtubule
depolymerizing agent in SW480 human cancer cells. I have used 2 different
protocols (-20 oC 100% methanol fixation for 20 minutes or 4% formaldehyde
fixation for 20 minutes, both followed by permeabilization with either 0.3%
triton/PBS or 100 micog/mL digitonin/PBS) but unfortunately I got negative
results. I had success with microtubules immunocytochemical staining using
methanol fixation method and I demonstrated the induction of prometaphase
arrest by my treament, but it seems that MAD2 immunostaining is not as easy as
microtubules. I would greatly appreciate if anyone has an experience in MAD2
immunocytochemical staining provides me with a help.
thanks a lot
Regards,
Yobou I.G., M.Sc.
PhD graduate student
kyoto prefectural university of medicine
Japan