I have a refurbished Reichert-Jung 2030, but with a knife holder from a newer model (so I'm told by the refurbisher). I use 0-1 degree angle.

Merced

--On Tuesday, March 10, 2009 4:15 PM -0700 Va Paula Sicurello <vapat...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello Listers,

I have inherited a Reichert-Jung 2030 microtome.  The knife holder is a
bit funky and hard to set the clearance angle.

What angle do y'all use?  I'm trying to get 4 or 5 degrees.

Thanks,

Paula :-)

Paula Sicurello
VA Medical Center San Diego
Veterans Medical Research Foundation (VMRF)
Core Research Imaging Center
3350 La Jolla Village Dr., MC151
San Diego, CA 92161
858-552-8585 x2397

Merced M Leiker
Research Technician II
354 Biomedical Research Building
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
State University of New York at Buffalo
3435 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14214
Ph: (716) 829-6033
Fx: (716) 829-2725

No trees were harmed in the sending of this email.
However, many electrons were severely inconvenienced.