We have a BSL3 laboratory with a cryostat (TB research). The cryostat user
asked me for the best method to decontaminate the cryostat. My suggestion was
to clean the cryostat (while cold) with 95% ethanol followed by absolute
ethanol after wards. Then to defrost the cryostat and clean with a stronger
disinfectant such as amphyl/lysol. Does this sound reasonable to those of you
who work with BSL3 level pathogens? Is there any thing you might add to this
protocol?

Second, someone asked me if smelling the paraffin (not xylene) was hazardous to
your health. I have never been concerned about the smell of paraffin alone but
since it was asked of me I thought I would see if any of you have had to worry
about this?

Thanks!!
Mike