Hello Histonet.
Has anyone had experience and good results doing AFB Fites on cytospin slides
from BAL's?
Do you use the peanut oil/xylene (PO/Z) solution or just 100% peanut oil? Or
does the cytospin slide need any peanut oil?
After the deparaffinization step, if it can be called that, we are going to
stain using a Dako Artisan special stainer. One problem I foresee is that the
control will be de-arffinized in the traditional PO/Z while the patient slide
may not.
Also, I was told that Cytolyte contains alcohol and asked that the slides not
be prepared using Cytolyte.
Thanks for your comments. Please respond back to the histonet if possible and
not my email address.
Carrie