Has anyone had problems with the calibration of an A/O Spencer sliding
microtome?  I have used this one for years and now I am getting 'thick-thin'
sections?  I thought maybe the accumulation of oils in the mechanics of it have
slowed things down.  Can WD40 be applied without adverse effects?  I certainly
would not attempt opening up all the gears!!  Any suggestions would be
appreciated or if a medical equipment repairman is reading this - I really need
this thing fixed.

Individuals who have received this information in error or are not authorized
to receive it must promptly return or dispose of the information and notify the
sender. Those individuals are hereby notified that they are strictly prohibited
from reviewing, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing or using this
information in any way.