Greetings-

This is a follow up to posts made in February of this year under the heading "[Histonet] expression pattern of GFP fusion protein in cells and mouse"

My name is Sam Beckerman. I am currently conducting research at Emory University. Recently, my group has experienced difficulties detecting a GFP-tagged fusion protein in neuronal cells. Specifically, we have made lentivirus that expresses GFP tagged to our protein of interest which we inject into rat CNS.

After fixation (4% PFA) and cryosectioning we have preformed preliminary examination for GFP and are able to detect strong GFP signal in our tissue. However, we have been unsuccessful at using antibodies against our protein to co-localize with GFP.

We have used this same virus to infect 293 cells and PC12 cells and have been able to colocalize our proteins in vitro.

Any help would be much appreciated.