HI:

I  have  a  =  question regarding keeping livers intact.  I am
   currently  removing  o=  rgans  of  dosed animals and freezing them in
   OCT. I cryostat these livers = in 40um sections and are kept in -80C
   until  used.   We  fix thes= e using 4% Paraformaldehyde, and we use
   antibodies  and DAB for histochemist= ry. What I have been seeing is
   that  my  tissue  almost  looks  expanded.  Sm=  all tissue gaps are
   magnified  and  it  looks  as if chunks of the tissue just = dissapear
   leaving  gaps  in  between what looks like cell clusters.  Th= is is
   not  there  when  I  cut  or  during -80 storage because I check the
slides  before  and  after  freezin,  and  fixation. I would greatly
   appreciate= some input on how to prevent this from happening.

Tha= nks

Sean Taheri

   =

This e-mail and any attachment hereto, is intended= only
   for use by the addressee(s) named above and may contain legally privi
leged  and/or  confidential information. If you are not the intended
   recipi= ent of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying
   of  this  emai= l, or any attachment hereto, is strictly prohibited.
   If  you  receive this = email in error please immediately notify me by
   return  electronic  mail  and  p= ermanently delete this email and any
   attachment  hereto,  any  copy  of  this  e-=  mail  and  of  any such
   attachment,  and  any  printout thereof. Finally, pleas= e note that
   only authorized representatives of Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, I= nc.
   have the power and authority to enter into business dealings with any
third party.