Dear Colleagues.
Please help. I have been asking to perform staining for  COX (which is
cytochrome oxidase I believe) activity on mouse fresh frozen leg muscles. I am
not very  familiar with enzyme histochemistry. I found one method
(Seligman,1968) in J.Bancroft , 5 edition book, and the other in J. Kiernan
"Histochemical Methods" book, but the methods are described for the fixed
brain. I  am absolutely not sure that I have found the required methods.
Could you share with me your experience, detailed protocol or the sources where
i can find the reliable protocol siutable for muscle histochemistry.Thank you
in advance.
Galina Deyneko
Novartis Cambridge, MA