Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP) at the NM Dept. of Agriculture Veterinary
Diagnostic Services in Albuquerque asks:

>>I do not have the equipment to do a whole horse eye (with levels) on
>>"lantern" slides. We rarely have call for this and my boss would like to know
>>if there is a vet school or reference lab that could process an entire eye,
>>cut levels (to be determined) to lantern slides. Alternately, if you know a
>>procedure for producing this kind of levels work that involves a regular 1x3"
>>slide that I could do here, could you clue me in? The Boss would prefer the
>>whole eye mount method if there is a facility that could perform this kind of
>>work for us.<<

My friend Dick Dubielzig (pronounced dooBILLzig), a veterinary
pathologist specializing in veterinary ophthalmology, can probably
help you with this. See
http://www.vetmed.wisc.edu/people/dubielzr

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist