Hi Milton,

We've begun baking ALL IHC slides for 2 hours at 60 degrees C.  This also
applies to unstained extra slides that may potentially used for IHC, including
extra sections on breast cores, lymph node cores, cytology cell blocks etc.  No
specific room temperature drying time before the oven though.  This has not
resulted in any increase in washoffs.  We specify time for removal of
individual baskets in the oven if oven is filling up, which it often does these
days.  I should add we are using Ventana BenchMark XT, for which the
recommendation initially was 30 mins at 37 degrees C before placing slides on
the instrument.

We've also started discarding unused unstained slides 3 months after they're
cut.  Now if we can just reduce the number of unstained slides we cut that we
don't need, that will be really great.

Hope this helps,

Eric Gagnon MLT
Histology Laboratory