I purchase a kit from Dorn and Hart Microedge and use sodium
carbonate-formaldehyde solution to chemically develop.

Stain in silver nitrate for 5 min in the dark, 3 fresh DI rinses for 1 min each
in the dark, then sodium carbonate-formaldehyde solution for 2 min in the dark,
2 fresh DI rinses (normal light) for 1 min each, 30 seconds in Farmer's
Diminisher (Sodium thiosulfate-potassium ferricyanide soluiton to stop
reaction) and a running tap water rinse for 10 min.

Jack