Good morning everyone,

I am curious to see what the standard protocol is on sentinel lymph node for
melanomas.
I need to establish a protocol at my institution and I have been reading a lot
of literature and it seems to be a wide variety of thinking out there from
bread loafing the lymph node first then cutting multiple H&E sections and IHC
in between to bivalving.  Some of the protocols call for up to as many as 46
H&E sections at 3 microns but it doesn't say where to take the sections for the
IHC (S100, pan-melan cocktail).  Would any of you like to share your protocols?

thank you-
Amy Farnan
Histology Supervisor
Northeast Health
Albany, New York

Disclaimer: The information in this message is confidential.  If you are not
the intended recipient, do not disclose, copy, or distribute this message, and
please immediately contact the sender.