Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help me out with some processing issues that our
lab has been having. We recently have been having reagent contamination issues
with alcohol and xylene, where our tissues are soft and cloudy after
processing. It seems that the reagent valves on the processor were not
operating properly. We changed all reagents after each processing run (we were
waiting for replacement parts and needed to continue processing) this seemed to
work but then we noticed an additional artifact. The outer cell layer (all
tissue types) appears scorched, this does not appear throughout the tissue only
on the outer edge.

I am wondering if anyone else has seen this artifact and how they resolved the
issue? Any comments or advice are greatly appreciated!

Tammy